HON. SAIDU UMAR
THE SECRETARY TO THE STATE GOVERNMENT – SOKOTO STATE
The office of the Secretary to the State Government is responsible for coordinating the activities of all the ministries, non-ministries and extra ministries of the state.
This portfolio is the secretariat of the Government of the State.
Honorable Saidu Umar:
- Coordinates the activities of Commissions and Committees set up by Government.
- Coordinates National and State Ceremonies including the Democracy day, Armed Forces Remembrance Week, Independence Day Celebrations.
- Security matters and petitions and appeals to the Governor.
- Protocol matter, state visits/functions.
- Emergencies and disaster cases and relief management.
- Labour and industrial relation matters
- Preparation of Memoranda, Notes and Minutes for Executive Council
- Liaison with Federal Ministries and Agencies, States, Non Governmental organizations, and international agencies
- Liaise with government at the local Government Areas and Liaison Offices
- Handling of matters of Nigerian Citizenship, Titles of honour and Decorations
- instruments, regulations, legal notices, and Prerogative of Mercy
- Archiving of Government White papers on conclusions and Reports of Commissions of Inquiry, Committees and panels
- National Youth Service Corp Matters
- Carrying out such other specific assignment/responsibilities as the Governor may from time to time direct.
- Fellow Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Member Certified National Accountant (CNA)